Create a Raku implementation of a gRPC client
In this project, the student would be expected to create and release to the Raku ecosystem a gRPC module, along with example on how to work with it. There are many possible ways to implement a library, including using NativeCall, which can bind to external libraries.
The student would be expected to:
- Study different implementations of gRPC client to come up with a implementation strategy.
- Create a library that’s able to perform basic gRPC functions.
- As a bonus, create client libraries for some services such as gRPC that work with it.
- Functional version 0.1 released to the ecosystem.
- Examples included with the distribution on how to use it for interfacing with different services.
- If possible, stubs for downstream libraries that can be used easily or expanded.
Required or prefered skills the student should have to be able to tackle this project.
- Some experience with Raku is appreciated, but not really needed. Will to learn will be a requisite.
- Experience in C to be able to use NativeCall for C interfacing, in case an adaptation of an already existing C module would be the way to go.