Google Summer of Code ideas page for Perl and Raku projects
The Perl Foundation participates in Google Summer of Code 2020. This page lists project ideas for Perl, Raku and its related projects.
- Perl Open Food Facts architecture and code quality
- Perl DBD::MariaDB Prepared Statements, Async, Test Suite
- Perl PSGI protocol for HTTP::Tiny
- Raku Pod6 rendering on GitHub/GitLab
- Raku Documentation tooling 2.0
- Raku Community modules
- Raku Data analysis library
- Raku Module inspection utility
- Raku gRPC
- Raku Add missing encodings to MoarVM
- Raku Native unsigned integers
- Raku AST Analysis
How to participate
Each project idea lists the mentors with their contact information at the end.
We encourage you to get in contact with the mentors and the Perl / Raku community as early as possible. Talking with the mentors about the projects you are interested in is the fastest way to get a good understanding of the project. And that is the most important step for a good application and successful project.
If you are a student and have a project idea not listed above, feel free to contact the organization administrators and just ask!
Google offers some very good documentation for Summer of Code. If you haven’t already you should really head over to it. Make sure you don’t miss
Contact the Raku community
In general the Raku community is most active on IRC. Just drop by on the #raku Freenode channel and say Hello!
Contact the Perl community
Contact the Orgainzation Administrators
- JJ Merelo (firstname.lastname@example.org / GitHub)
- Makoto Nozaki (email@example.com)
- Patrick Böker (firstname.lastname@example.org / GitHub)
We have a dedicated guide for people interested in mentoring a Perl or Raku project: Perlyglot Mentors Guide.